Supt.--Archuleta School District 50JT
The Archuleta School District 50JT, Pagosa Springs, Colorado, Board of Education, is seeking a highly qualified and fully certified Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2020.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the Board of Education in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: 280 miles southwest of Denver
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The Board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The Board developed the following desired characteristics.
- Leader: Demonstrated leadership in school improvement who has experience in developing an environment of innovation and a culture of learning rooted in practices of continuous improvement. A leader who is able and willing to utilize and build on the current strategic plan momentum of the district.
- Team Builder: Participative and collaborative team building leadership style – a team leader with experience of building excellence through collaboration. Demonstrated ability to drive innovation from the classroom to the school to the district to the overall community. A proven instructional leader with a strong knowledge of curriculum and a demonstrated passion for life-long learning.
- Communicator: A community influencer who integrates and leverages varied district interest groups with developed strategic organizational skills for internal-facing and external-facing communication. Has experience initiating and developing district-wide support for school initiatives from grants to bonds. A leader with experience of building trust and transparency.
- Experienced In Rural District Excellence: Has a demonstrated track record of excellence in education, with knowledge and experience with rural social issues, rural budgets and Colorado law.
- Visible: A proactive and visible community leader willing to be known by the administration, classroom teachers, parents and unique greater community. A leader who works well with school boards and political decision-making process.
- Closing date for applications:, December 2, 2019 (11:30 p.m. central time)
- Board of Education selects finalists to interview: December 19, 2019
- Interviews with the Board of Education: January 16-17, 2020
- Selection of new Superintendent: January 22, 2020
- Start date: July 1, 2020