IAKSS Systems Analyst 1.0 FTE
- Job Type
Technology - Hourly/ CLAS - 7513 - SYSTEMS ANALYST
ITS ABOUT KIDS SUPPT SERVICES
19-20 School Year
Class Code: 7513
TITLE: Systems Analyst
JOB FUNCTION: Plan and control the computer system analysis and development for assigned area; serve as Project Leader on major projects; confer with and advise use departments;evaluate user requests and needs, estimate cost and time of implementation and recommend program methodology to be followed, assuring programming compliance with established documentation standards; provide technical guidance and recommendations concerning existing computer programs and systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and control the computer system analysis and development for assigned area; confer with and advise use departments; evaluate user requests and needs, estimate cost and time of implementation.
- Serve as Project Leader on major projects; evaluate project requirements and time lines; provide guidance and direction to assigned personnel and coordinate project phases.
- Assist in system studies in programming for various applications; recommend program methodology to be followed, assuring programming compliance with established documentation standards.
- Analyze problems outlined by users and potential users of data processing; study existing systems and procedures and the introduction of potential data processing systems.
- Develop detailed data flow charts of existing system, documenting the work process according to installation standards; assist with the development of system objectives and comprehensive plans to organize work methodology; establish controls to assure desired output in new and modified applications.
- Assist department staff by advising on applications development and the best approach to system design relative to software capabilities and hardware features; review or determine application proposals and requirements as required.
- Provide technical support, assistance and information to users; train users in system operations as necessary; coordinate communication and activities with users to review and analyze user problems and needs; provide work direction to assigned programmers.
- Compile information and data and prepare various reports related to computer systems and functions; document system software and hardware as necessary.
- Maintain a variety of records, accounts, logs and files related to systems; prepare and purge records as necessary.
- Write or modify programs as necessary to meet user needs; prepare block diagrams and flow charts; write or modify program source code; prepare sample test data; test, correct and revise programs as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced principles and techniques of systems analysis, design and programming.
- Advanced principles of internal system maintenance.
- Analysis project coordination requirements.
- Database structures, on-line applications and system capabilities of the District.
- Database telecommunications design.
- Programming languages such as COBOL and Job control language concepts.
- Principles and concepts involved in computer programming and maintenance.
- Structured programming practices and techniques.
- Programming and computer operation documentation.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Technical aspects of field of specialty.
- Coordinate, oversee, analyze and maintain computer systems.
- Direct and coordinate major analysis and programming projects.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations concerning existing computer programs and systems.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES (CONT.):
- Apply principles and techniques of computer programming to specific problems and processes.
- Research, analyze and recommend new system software and hardware.
- Write or modify programs to meet user needs.
- Code data into machine language.
- Initiate procedural modifications.
- Demonstrate proficiency in appropriate program languages.
- Anticipate system space capacity requirements.
- Provide assistance to other data processing personnel regarding technical problems.
- Plan and organize work.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Any combination equivalent to: two years of college-level training in computer information science or related field and five years increasingly responsible programming and systems design experience.
Contact Person: Bob Moore (email@example.com)