- Job Type
Academies of Math and Science
2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year
2018 Runner-Up Reader’s Choice Awards: Best Place to Work
School Registrar - Start Immediately
AMS Prince Campus - Tucson, AZ
Academies of Math and Science is a fast-growing, high-performing charter school network dedicated to serving low-income communities. You can learn more about or organization and company culture at our website.
The role of the Registrar is responsible for the administration, coordination, and communication of the student enrollment and attendance reporting process and student cumulative file management. It is also responsible for accurate student database information and related reports.
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
- Responsible for the registration and withdrawal of students
- Requests records for new students transferring from other schools
- Provides student records to other schools upon request
- Evaluates and verifies documentation submitted as required for enrollment
- Responsible for the collection and entry of student data into PowerSchool via SchoolMint or manual entry
- Responsible for monitoring SchoolMint interest, applications and registrations
- Enter and maintain all student enrollment information in CRM
- Maintains automated (and manual) student records; generates reports, attendance sheets, 40 day (and 100 day) reports, and class lists
- Facilitate 45 Day Screening Report process
- Maintain a list of all new students and enrollment dates to ensure new students are screened throughout the year
- Provide screening reports for each teacher in all core areas for new students
- Collect all screening reports
- File all reports in student cumulative file
- Maintains office and student cumulative files
- Maintains grades and attendance databases and extracurricular activity records for all students
- Processes and maintains daily student attendance records and calls parents to verify absences
- Collects daily data pertinent for attendance report submission/transmission as required by the ADE, as well as for daily, weekly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Maintains attendance letters and communication with parents
- Prepares report cards by grading periods
- Collects and provides enrollment numbers/information to the network office
- Provides information and assistance to new students and their parents
- Maintains all room assignments and class caps as directed.
- Plan recruiting events with the marketing department and Principal.
- Add all appropriate programs to a student profile in Power School (NCLB, EL).
- Provide information about local high school admission requirements and contacts.
- Collect most up to date immunization report for kindergarten and 6th grade students. Review the immunizations for each student and contact parents for those that are not current on all required vaccines.
- File immunization report with the Arizona Department of Health by November 15.
Qualifications & competencies:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Fluent in both English and Spanish
- Must be able to obtain and hold a valid IVP Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at all times
- The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check
- Proficient in PowerSchool
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (especially Excel), Google, Skype, Zoom, etc.
- Ability to remain self-directed as well as independently seek out answers to questions
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn new software programs as needed
- Ability to constantly review policies and procedures to increase efficiency
- Must demonstrate an extremely high regard for confidential and sensitive information.
Why work for us?
- Competitive salaries and bonus pay
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement (with employer contributions), PTO, and disability and life insurance
- Supportive, collaborative culture with incredible coworkers and leaders
- Comprehensive training, follow-up coaching, PD, and professional learning communities
- Extensive opportunities for career mobility/advancement as our schools and network continue to grow and expand to new areas
- The chance to truly make a difference in the lives of children who may not otherwise have access to a high-quality education
Interested in pursuing an AMS career?
Apply in 5 minutes through the link below. Please include the following in PDF or Word format:
1. A detailed resume describing your experience and data-supported accomplishments.
2. A cover letter showcasing your written communication skills and demonstrating your alignment with the AMS mission and competencies.
Compensation: Up to $18.00 Hourly, DOE + Performance Bonus.