Boston Teacher Resident (program year 2020-2021)
- Job Type
Boston Teacher Residency is a nationally recognized clinical teacher preparation program whose graduates support student achievement from day one and who stay in teaching, continuing to refine and improve their practice. Created in 2002 as a joint initiative between the Boston Public Schools and Boston Plan for Excellence (BPE), we designed BTR to meet the evolving needs of Boston's children and families.
BTR, an AmeriCorps program, combines a yearlong classroom apprenticeship with targeted master's level coursework to provide you with the hands-on experience, feedback, evaluation and ongoing post-graduate support critical to a successful career in teaching. Upon graduation, you will join a network of more than 600 teachers who are among the most effective in Massachusetts.
BTR Priority Admissions Deadline: October 29th, 2019 (noon EST). Graduating college seniors, recent graduates and career changers are encouraged to apply.
To APPLY visit our website and complete a Prospect Form (www.bpe.org/boston-teacher-residency/program/apply/)
- Co-teach in a collaborative and supportive teaching and learning environment under the guidance of experienced educators and content coaches
- Complete an integrated graduate curriculum, designed and taught by BTR faculty, with specific focus on preparing educators for the realities of Boston's schools and serving Boston's diverse student body
- Earn a low-cost M.Ed. granted by UMass Boston and MA Initial Teacher License
- Participate in continued professional development as a graduate of our program
- As of School Year 2019-20, we have 16 cohorts of graduates teaching in Boston Public Schools -- over 700 BTR trained teachers
BTR prepares teachers for:
- Elementary (grades 1-5)
- English (grades 6-12)
- Math (grades 6-12)
- Science - Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Middle School Science
- Computer Science
BPE does not discriminate with regard to race, color, origin, gender, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, or religion. BPE is committed to seeking qualified applicants with disabilities and can provide reasonable accommodations during the application process and time of service upon request.
More searches like this
- Teaching High School Full-Time jobs in Boston
- Computer Science Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Boston
- Elementary Education Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Boston
- English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Boston
- Science Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Boston