Tates Creek Elementary After School Program Assistant
- Job Type
- After School
After School/ CLAS - 8305 - AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM ASST
TATES CREEK ELEMENTARY
19-20 School Year
Assist in providing supervision to individual or groups of students enrolled in the Creative Activities Program; monitor and report student progress.
- Conducts a progressive, challenging program for youth.
- Works productively and consistently with After School Program Supervisor, Head
- After School Program Teacher, parent, youth, and community.
- Assists in the coordination and the distribution of afternoon snacks.
- Maintains bulletin boards.
- Assists in registration, preparation of calendar, attendance and student information records and evaluations.
- Maintains order and procedures during all activities; e.g. classroom, gym, playground, etc.
- Assists in ordering supplies and maintaining facility and equipment.
- Attends designated orientations and in-services.
- Transport students to and from activities and assist in preparation as required.
- Monitor and report behavior of students according to approved procedures; report progress regarding student performance and behavior; check and assist students with homework as necessary.
- Assist in overseeing students while involved in activities.
- Provide for supplies inventory as necessary.
- Assist students by providing proper examples, emotional support, a friendly attitude and general guidance.
- Perform routine clerical duties such as preparation of instructional and classroom materials; operate copy machines; maintain classroom records; maintain attendance records.
- Provide support to the lead teacher by setting up activities, work areas, displays and exhibits, operating audio-visual equipment, operating educational training equipment and distributing and collecting paper and supplies.
- Assist students in such physical tasks as putting on and taking off of outer wear, moving from room to room, using the lavatory and others; assist student in getting on and off the bus.
- Confer, as needed, with lead teacher concerning programs and materials to meet student needs.
- Assure the health and safety of students by following health and safety practices and regulations.
- Direct group activities of students as assigned; assist in monitoring playground activities as assigned; assist in emergency drills, assemblies, play periods and field trips.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain regular attendance.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate and one year experience in working with children in an organized setting.
- Basic subjects taught in the District schools, including arithmetic, grammar, spelling, language and reading.
- Safe practices in classroom and playground activities.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Learn child guidance principles and practices.
- Communicate and maintain effective relationships with students, parents, staff and the public including members of ethnic communities.
- Perform routine clerical duties in support of classroom activities.
- Print and write legibly.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Learn procedures, functions and limitations of assigned duties.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Learn to apply and explain policies and procedures related to school and program activities.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Monitor, observe and report student behavior according to approved policies and procedures.
- Operate instructional and office equipment.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 50 pounds
Contact Person: Carrie Paul (email@example.com)