Senior Associate, Development & External Affairs
- Job Type
Company Description | The Close Up Foundation is the nation’s leading non-profit civic education organization dedicated to helping students become more effective and informed citizens. To fulfill this mission, Close Up works with over 20,000 students and teachers each year in Washington DC, New York, and several other cities and historic sites around the country, bringing them face-to-face with their elected officials, policy experts, and their peers from across the country.
- Generate leads and develop new relationships with potential donors and partners across the country to achieve team quota.
- Prospect and identify prospective donors and partners through lead generation activities; including research, cold calls, list building, meetings etc.
- Position opportunities that extend the reach of Close Up’s mission to engage partner-specific experiences and stewardship.
- Effectively manage regular communication, including writing/editing stewardship materials and development-related marketing materials.
- Work closely with the Chief Development Officer to meet fundraising goals and develop partnerships that support Close Up’s mission and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least four (4) years successful experience in fundraising, sales, project management, K-12 education, marketing communication, external outreach, or other relevant area
- Authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer
- Superior skill with written communications
- Demonstrated abilities in strategic thinking and creative problem solving
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, professionalism, and ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and to work evenings and weekends on occasion
Submit résumé and letter of interest to Mia Charity, Chief Development Officer, at email@example.com. Selected candidate will be subject to a criminal background check.
Close Up Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics.