Rosa Parks Elementary Registrar 1.0 FTE
- Job Type
Secretarial/Clerical/ CLAS - 7885 - REGISTRAR
ROSA PARKS ELEMENTARY
19-20 School Year
Maintain complete and accurate student accounting records for students in an assigned school.
- Maintain student files related to grades, records and test results; maintain confidential files and records.
- Maintain student demographic information in computer.
- Assist school nurse in obtaining and verifying student health records such as immunizations; notify parents if additional information is needed.
- Enroll new students and assign to proper grade level, counselor and homeroom; submit proper forms and information to the Central Office.
- Withdraw students according to established procedures; complete required forms and submit to the Central Office and new school as requested.
- Process and transmit requests for undergraduate, senior and alumni transcripts and mid-year reports.
- Complete and transmit monthly reports to Central Office as assigned.
- Prepare the senior graduation list with class rank and averages; order and proofread diplomas.
- Perform clerical duties such as typing as requested; assist with special projects as needed.
- Process requests for driver verification forms.
- Assist with verifying student grades, averaging grade points and verifying eligibility for designated extracurricular clubs or activities; update student permanent records as needed.
- Operate a variety of office equipment such as a computer, fax machine, calculator, copier, and other machines as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate and three years of responsible clerical experience including one year experience working with student records.
- Must take all required clerical assessments and earn a passing score.
- Accurate record-keeping methods and practices.
- Basic knowledge of data processing and computer output readings.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment including filing, statistical record-keeping and typing.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Reading and writing communication skills.
- Applicable sections of State Education Code and other applicable laws.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- District organization, operations, policies and objectives.
- State regulations regarding competency tests, health records and confidentiality.
- Perform complex clerical tasks involving independent judgment and requiring accuracy.
- Establish and maintain official permanent records of students.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Post, check and maintain file and statistical records accurately.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with students, staff and the public.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
- Operate office equipment including computer terminal and printer, typewriter and calculator.
- Type at an acceptable rate of speed.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work confidentially with discretion.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull light weights, up to 30 pounds
Contact Person: Claudine Barrow (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MUST TAKE AND PASS A BOOKKEEPER, WORD AND EXCEL ASSESSMENT WITH A 75% OR HIGHER. CLERICAL ASSESSMENTS CAN BE TAKEN IN THE AMBROSE BUILDING ON TUESDAYS, THURSDAYS, AND FRIDAYS FROM 8:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.