State Director, California Division (Northern California)
- Job Type
AVID Center is currently looking for an experienced, motivated, and influential educational leader to join their team in the role of State Director – California Division. This high-level position offers the ability to make a huge impact on students, families, and communities in the northern half of the California Division. State Directors provide overarching support to AVID Program Managers, who work directly with AVID district leadership, site/school leaders, and other key stakeholders to implement, manage, and grow the AVID College Readiness System. State Directors must have a great understanding of the ever-changing educational landscape, including the nuances of California and the districts they serve, to ensure the best solutions and systems of support.
State Directors need to be comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels, including meeting with superintendents, presenting information to state legislators, and partnering with other organizations for funding opportunities. Their ability to easily transition to accommodate a variety of audiences is key. At a time when the resources of teachers, schools, and districts are more stretched than ever, AVID is dedicated to providing a solution for support and success, and the State Directors are at the forefront of that mission.
What we are looking for in the role of State Director – California Division:
- Deep, successful experience with the implementation of the AVID College Readiness System at the school level
- A strong understanding of and passion for the AVID mission At least three years of successful administrative leadership experience (preferably school principal or director at the district level) including direct supervision of staff
- A solid systems thinker, experienced user of data to inform decisions, inherently results oriented
- A motivating, engaging facilitator of professional learning
- Successful leader, coach and mentor with exceptional relational capacity
- Strong organizational abilities and highly capable of leading and participating with remote teams. (This is a remote work assignment.)
- Must be located in Northern California or willing to relocate
- The ability and commitment to frequent travel