Assistant - Library/Instructional Materials
Position: Library Assistant
Reports to: Dean of Academics
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Pay Grade: TBD
Job Type Full Time
Work Hours Normal School hours
Under direct supervision, performs tasks crucial to the effective functioning of the campus library such as monitoring students during assigned library times. Provides assistance to allow more time for lesson delivery and effective use of the library.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Experience working in a library (preferred)
• Experience working with students (preferred)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs clerical duties related to library services.
• Provides specialized assistance to small groups of students.
• Designs and prepares bulletin boards to illustrate and enforce daily assignments.
• Communicates with teachers regarding educational activities which support the effective use of the library.
• Assists in maintaining an organized library.
• Work with Instructional Materials Coordinator at the Cluster/Central Office to keep the records, and inventory of the textbooks in the school
• Maintain and provide an updated list of all textbooks/instructional materials adopted by the state/district
• Coordinate ordering of all textbooks/instructional materials for the school.
• Monitor and keep the records of supplies, materials, and all inventory in the school.
• Maintain the inventory of the school materials.
• Assist in implementation and supervision of Accelerated Reader program.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of management, both internal and external to the district.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internal and external to the district.
• Ability to organize special programs for assigned campus.
• Ability to use computer including software, database used by the district, spreadsheet and word processing software, calculator, copy machine and telephone.
• Ability to analyze data
• Ability to use effective interview techniques, effective public speaking skills, and problem-solving skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Light Work: may require occasional light lifting.
• Nights and weekend activities will be occasionally required.
• Position is in office setting and may involve prolonged work at a desk in one location.
• Moderate travel is required.