High School Principal
- Job Type
Principal High School
- Minimum of five years successful experience in public school teaching, administration and/or supervision.
- Master’s degree with emphasis in curriculum, supervision and/or administration.
- A valid New York State Certificate as School Administrator and Supervisor (SDA, SAS or SBL)
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate.
Reports to: Superintendent of Schools
Supervises: All Instruction and Non-Instruction Personnel, Assistant Principals assigned to the unit.
Typical Work Activities:
- Is familiar with and contributes to the successful implementation of the District’s Mission and Belief statements;
- Participates in school district planning and decision making consistent with the District’s Missions, Belief and Strategic Plan.
- Responsible for the administration and supervision of the building unit in accordance with District policies, regulations and procedures.
- Coordinates the development of short and long range goals designed to meet District goals.
- Performs all duties prescribed by law and State Education Department regulations.
- Supervises the school’s office management and procedures.
- Supervises the preparation of al school reports for the District Office.
- Develops and evaluates instructional methods and programs and recommends such changes and improvements as may be required.
- Assists in the implementation and maintenance of curriculum plans approved by the District.
- Exerts leadership in the adaptation of the general program of education approved for the schools to meet the unique needs of the community served by the unit.
- Assists in screening, interviewing and recommending qualified candidates for positions on the school staff and in the orientation of new personnel.
- Supervises and evaluates, as required, staff assigned to the building.
- Provides for the general supervision and coordination of all non-instructional staff services.
- Coordinates programs for general educational and professional growth of the staff.
- Coordinates the school’s Pupil Service Program.
- Supervises the maintenance of accurate records on the progress and attendance of students through report cards and conferences.
- Maintains a code of student conduct and coordinates the enforcement of disciplinary policies according due process to the rights of students.
- Responsible for the safety, administration and maintenance of the school plant and all physical inventory contained therein.
- Prepares and submits the school’s budgetary requests for purchases and repairs and monitors the expenditures of funds.
- Coordinates the use of the building by the community.
- Serves as the communication liaison between the school and the community interpreting activities and policies of the school and encouraging participation in school life.
- Assists in developing a program of public relations in order to further the community’s understanding and support of the educational program.
- Perform such other tasks and assume such other responsibilities as directed by the Superintendent of Schools or his/her designee.
Questions regarding this exciting leadership opportunity should be directed to:
Howard S. Smith, Ed.D., Associate
Webster Szanyi LLP
1400 Liberty Building
Buffalo, New York 14202