Teacher Assistant - Wagoner/Blossoms (Pre-K)
- Grade Level
- Early Childhood
Support Staff/ Teacher Aide
Wagoner Elementary (Pre-K - 2)
Job Focus: To assist the teacher with the management of the classroom, by providing aide with the instructional program.
Line of Supervision: Responsible to and evaluated by the building Principal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the teacher with record keeping duties.
2. Assist the teacher with the management of the instructional program, but only as prescribed by the teacher, and only under the direct supervision of the teacher.
3. Assist the teacher with the management of the non-instructional functions of a classroom. This deals with such duties as recess, toilet, clothing, lunch, and other such routines.
4. At the direction of the teacher, assist with record keeping, administering standardized tests, student paper correction, student notebook, homework or make-up work.
5. Serve as a chaperone on school-sponsored field trips.
6. Perform such other duties as the teacher may assign, so long as they are within the legal scope of this position.
7. Ensure the safety of all students/staff, while on school property.
A valid ISBE Paraprofessional license (Substitute License preferred).
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and other benefits in accordance with the classified staff collective bargaining union agreement.