Energy Systems Operator/Dispatcher 1.0 FTE
- Job Type
Maintenance/ CLAS - 7425 - ENERGY SYS OPERATOR/DISPATCHER
19-20 School Year
Energy Systems Operator/Dispatcher
Class Code 7425
Operate and monitor an energy management system for proper operation and system malfunctions; dispatch personnel to make needed repairs.
- Operate and monitor an energy management Direct Digital Controls system for proper operation and system malfunctions.
- Start-up an energy management system according to established procedures.
- Test and approve program changes, computers and components parts associated with the energy management and security system.
- Test programs and equipment for interfacing computer hardware and software of the energy management system with existing comfort controls
- Consult with principals and building managers to answer concerns with the energy management.
- Train, supervise, evaluate and coordinate activities of personnel in the maintenance, repair, installation and calibration of the energy management computers and temperature control systems.
- Review and analyze alarms received on an energy management system for proper action.
- Dispatch appropriate personnel to resolve problems or correct malfunctions.
- Respond to off hour HVAC emergencies as required.
- Assure that temporary HVAC schedule override changes are efficiently processed.
- Assign, review, and inspect work in progress and complete by assigned personnel.
- Process completed work orders and distribute to appropriate personnel.
- Prepare and coordinate purchasing, specifications and recommendations for equipment used with the energy management and security system and comfort controls.
- Assure adequate inventory of spare parts, special tools, the equipment, and other items related to energy management and conservation.
- Assume full responsibility for management and operation of all energy management system.
- Operate computer to maintain files on contract overtime, boilers, water heaters, compressor installation, air conditioners and others.
- Receive concerns form service technicians or others regarding HVAC and energy management systems and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Basic HVAC equipment and energy management systems.
- Operation of a computer and data entry techniques.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Excel, Outlook, and MS Word.
- Operate and monitor an energy management system for proper operation and system malfunctions.
- Determine appropriate action within clearly defined guidelines.
- Operation of a computer terminal and a variety of other equipment including digital camera, and laptop computers.
- Process work orders.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate
- Experience working with an energy management system preferred.
- At minimum, an HVAC journeyman's license is required; an HVAC master's license is preferred.
- Valid Kentucky driver's license.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, one third of your body weight, not to exceed 50 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
Contact: Doug Botkins (email@example.com)