Superintendent for William Penn School District
- Job Type
The Delaware County Intermediate Unit (DCIU) is pleased to conduct the Superintendent Search for the William Penn School District (WPSD).
The William Penn School District is located in southeastern Delaware County serving approximately 5,000 students who live in the six communities of Aldan, Colwyn, Darby, East Lansdowne, Lansdowne, and Yeadon Boroughs. The district is made up of eight elementary schools serving students in kindergarten through the sixth grade and three secondary schools serving students in seventh through the twelfth grade. The William Penn School District also offers a variety of alternative education including customized accelerated learning options through the Blended Schools Program and an alternative to the traditional brick-and-mortar school setting through the William Penn School District Cyber Academy Program.
If your leadership abilities and interests align with the vision, mission, goals, and shared values of the district, you are invited to apply:
Vision: The William Penn School District will nurture and empower all students to become career and/or college ready.
• Support all staff in providing rigorous, data-driven, student centered, differentiated instruction aligned with the academic standards of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
• Ensure all staff, in partnership with their communities, create a positive, nurturing, and supportive school climate that encourages all students to discover and pursue their passions for learning.
• Secure and retain dedicated professionals committed to academic success of all students.
• Ensure the consistent implementation of effective instructional practices across all classrooms in each school.
• Ensure barriers to student learning are addressed in order to increase student achievement and graduation rates.
• Ensure that each member of the district community promotes, enhances, and sustains a shared vision of positive school climate and ensures family and community support of student participation in the learning process.
- Every individual has worth
- Every individual can learn
- Education is a right as well as a privilege
- Students, parents, and community working in partnership promote lifelong learning
- Every individual in the learning community is entitled to a safe and healthy environment
- Every individual is entitled access to opportunities that develop one’s potential
- Our community’s diversity is a strength
- Knowledge is the result of active and purposeful learning
- Students have a responsibility for their learning
- Teachers have a responsibility for their students’ learning
- The community has a responsibility for educating its youth