Affective Needs Teacher
Licensed - Affective Needs Teacher/Affective Needs Teacher
South Middle School
Click here to visit our interactive map where you can find out more information on each individual school, such as highlights, school data, demographics and more. Salary: See the teacher salary schedule at https://hr.aurorak12.org/teach-lead-inspire/teach/#licensed-salary-schedule Days/Hours: as designated by the school. - Days: 187 day position (new teachers 190 day position) General Description:
- To support student achievement, assess, teach, and support students with significant emotional disabilities in a continuum of services.
- Understand and implement FBA’s and BIP’s with a team approach.
- Supervision of paraprofessionals is part of this position.
- Be able to demonstrate understanding and application of assessment for eligibility and programming in literacy and math.
- Consult and collaborate with general and special education staff are essential.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Holds a Colorado teaching license or is currently eligible for one with the appropriate endorsement for this position
- A completed Human Resources file including transcripts, student teaching verification, previous work experience
- Acceptable Licenses
- Early Childhood Special Ed (ages birth thru 8) Grades P3-2 only
- Early Childhood Special Ed Specialist (ages birth thru 8) Grades P3-2 only
- Early Childhood Special Ed (ages birth thru 5) Grade P3-K only
- Early Childhood Special Ed (ages 3 thru 8) Grades P3-2 only
- Special Education Generalist (ages 5 thru 21)
- Special Education Specialist (ages 5 thru 21)
- Severe Needs Affective (ages 5 thru 21)
- Educationally Handicapped (K-12)
- Temporary Educator Eligibility Authorization (TEE)
Condition of Employment: As a condition of employment, the individual selected for this position will be expected to complete the APS-sponsored Linguistically Diverse Educator (LDE) Certificate Program within the first three years of employment.
Click here to learn about the Linguistically Diverse Educator Certificate.