ESL Teacher K-5
- Job Type
Dudley Street School operates within the Boston Public Schools as a Horace Mann “in-district” charter school. We opened our doors in 2012, and now serve more than 300 students in grades PreK-5. Founded by the Boston Plan for Excellence (BPE) and the Dudley Street Neighborhood Initiative (DSNI), we work with local partners to ensure all children in the Dudley neighborhood have access to a high-quality education.
Dudley Street School is a BPE Teaching Academy, part of a PreK-12 neighborhood school pathway that includes Dearborn STEM Academy (G6-12). Modeled after teaching hospitals, teaching academies serve as training sites for aspiring teachers participating in the Boston Teacher Residency program. All staff at Dudley Street School work collaboratively to enact ambitious teaching and learning in service of student achievement goals.
The school is currently seeking an ESL Teacher. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated the ability to drive academic success in urban, public school classrooms, and be committed to building, sustaining and leading an exemplary elementary school. As a Teaching Academy, all teachers will be expected to contribute to a vibrant professional learning community, to reflect on and improve their own practice and to mentor, train, and develop resident teachers.
- A valid Massachusetts teaching license in ESL at the appropriate grade level preK-6; additional licensure in SPED strongly preferred.
- SEI endorsement required.
- Minimum of three years teaching in an urban public school with a record of high student achievement (preferred).
- Ability to teach a wide range of student skill, ability, and developmental levels.
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- Demonstrated mastery of and enthusiasm for content area.
- Unyielding commitment to continuous learning and development.
- Believer in growth mindset and enthusiastic to reflect and grow as a teacher via coaching and feedback.
- Current authorization to work in the United States - Candidates must have such authorization by their first day of employment.
BTU, Group 1
Dudley Street School, a BPS/BPE School is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.