Superintendent of Schools
- Job Type
The School Board of Volusia County Florida is seeking a Superintendent of Schools for the 13th largest school system in Florida with over 63,000 students. The district earned a "B" rating from the Florida Department of Education and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools/AdvacEd.
Volusia County, located in the heart of the beautiful east coast of Florida, is a rapidly growing area. Sixteen municipalities make up the county, with Daytona Beach, DeLand, Deltona, Ormond Beach, and Port Orange as the largest metropolitan areas. The county is conveniently located for easy access to major cities such as Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa and Miami.
- Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership, Administration and Supervision, or an educational or business field; an earned doctorate from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Holds or is eligible for a Florida Certificate in Educational Leadership, or Administration and Supervision, or other professional designation
- Minimum of ten (10) years successful experience in education, government or business, with at least seven (7) years in an executive leadership position
- Experience reflecting thorough knowledge of Educational Administration with an emphasis on large system management
- Work experience in long/short-range planning
- Successful experience as a School Principal, Assistant Superintendent, or Superintendent is preferred
- Must be domiciled/maintain homestead in Volusia County, Florida within six months of employment
- Possess a valid Florida Driver’s License; if a holder of any other valid US state-issued Driver’s License, agree to acquire a Florida Driver’s License within thirty (30) days of employment, except in a case where accommodation is required
The position start date is January 1, 2020 with a mutually agreeable transition period in December 2019.
The School Board is prepared to offer a three-year contract with a salary range of $185,000 - $225,000 plus competitive benefits.
APPLICATION PROCESS & DEADLINE:
Candidate must submit the following documents:
- A resume with a signed cover letter
- Verification of credentials, including college transcripts (copies of transcripts are acceptable but official versions are required prior to an offer of employment)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (professional)
All application materials referenced above must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline no later than September 25, 2019.
All questions should be directed to Florida School Boards Association (FSBA)
Andrea Messina, Executive Director Florida School Boards Association 850-566-1860
Dr. Bill Vogel, FSBA Consultant 321-299-2452
John Reichert, FSBA Consultant 321-363-7909
Apply for Superintendent of Schools
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly