DOLAN MIDDLE SCHOOL- 21st CENTURY COMMUNITY LEARNING CENTER PROJECT MANAGER
- Grade Level
- Middle School
21st Century Community Learning Center
At Dolan Middle School
Community Connections is funded through the 21 st Century Community Learning Centers Grant (21 st CCLC). The program will create partnerships between the district and local resources to provide an integrated focus on academics, health and social services, youth and community development, and community engagement for improved student learning and stronger families. Dolan DASH will provide students with enrichment, remediation, tutoring, and literacy activities at the middle school. Families will be engaged in activities that promote literacy at evening and Friday. The program will extend the school day and week by providing programs during the week and various Saturdays at Dolan Middle School
The Dolan DASH Project Manager will coordinate the program at the school locations during the week and Saturday and will report to the school principal. The Project Manager will communicate with the Assistant Director Grants compliance in the planning, staffing, implementing and reporting (state required) of this program.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of the Community Connections program under the 21 st CCLC Grant guidelines at the school locations.
- Plan and coordinate collection of building based data (including attendance, teacher reports, testing).
- Assist in recruitment and in the assignment of staff for the program.
- Assist in recruitment, and selection of students.
- Responsible for maintaining and sustaining student and family involvement throughout the year.
- Assist in development of curriculum related to the program.
- Oversight and follow-up on student attendance, participation and progress report as well as family attendance data.
- Develop and distribute related information to staff, students and parents.
- Monitor and link the after-school programs to the students' regular classes and teachers.
- Facilitate communication between the after school teachers and the classroom teachers.
- Facilitate communication between the Saturday program staff and the school staff.
- Act as liaison between the schools and Central Office to assure that all grants related requirements are addressed.
- Assist in the collection of data to track students' attendance, program evaluation and related data in promoting academic success.
- Utilize electronic mail (e-mail) to transmit all student related attendance and data to Central Office as well as other information, as requested.
- Cooperatively work with school, staff and community resource groups.
- Provide orientation and professional development to program staff members.
- Attend all professional development activities and planning and progress review meetings arranged by the Central Office.
- Assist in the planning of workshops for students and parents.
- Attend all 21 st CCLC activities including Saturday program and evening workshops.
- Work in cooperation with the Grants and Funded Programs and the Research Department to disseminate testing materials, collect, organize, input and analyze data as needed.
- Assist in ordering and preparing resources used in the program.
- Monitor and oversee the on-going operation of the program, including commitment to work during the after school program and oversee the transition and dismissal procedures (transportation).
- Perform other duties as requested and needed to support an effective program under the guidelines of the current teachers' contract.
- Current Connecticut Educator Certificate K-12 (7-12; 9-12), preferred
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum and program planning and development as well as student assessment.
- Familiarity with national, state and local curriculum standards and framework.
- Passion to work with students.
- Demonstrated capacity to work well with others.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and organize programs and required reports.
- Superior communication skills (oral and written).
- Evidence of organizational ability and ability to successfully complete projects.
- Computer Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
September through May, weekdays during the length of the program, and Saturdays as scheduled and monthly evening workshops. May require additional hours per week for grant related data.
Internal Candidates: Compensation will be at the curriculum rate as stated in the current teachers' contract.
External Candidates: Compensation will be $25/hour
PROCEDURE FOR FILING AN APPLICATION
Must complete an online application