Assistant Director of School Business Operations
Administration/ School Business Administrator
Town School Office
The primary responsibility of this position is business data analysis and reporting, including, but not limited to budget variances, fund balances, creation of financial reports, and state and federal reporting.
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer.
- BA in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field - Advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum 3 years' experience with accounting or data analysis;
- Experience in a municipal/public school setting preferred;
- Experience in preparing quarterly and year-end financial reports;
- Knowledge of payroll and accounts payable functions;
- Knowledge of computer applications and business software including Microsoft Office and G Suite;
- Knowledge of E-Finance+ or similar school accounting software;
- Knowledge of insurance and benefits administration;
- Experience with the contracting of services;
- Strong written and verbal skills; and
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Chief Financial Officer and the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
Salary: A competitive compensation package will be offered that is both commensurate with the candidate's experience and credentials.
Start Date: October 1, 2019
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin on September 3, 2019
- Internal applicants must submit an online application through the Westport Public Schools website. Job # 1366 (Please be sure to select internal applicant. This signifies one's current status as a Westport employee.)
- External applicants must submit an online application through the Westport Public Schools website. Job # 1366 (Paper copies will not be accepted.)
The Westport Board of Education will not make employment decision (including decisions related to hiring, assignment, compensation, promotion, demotion, disciplinary action and termination) on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability (including pregnancy), genetic information, veteran status or gender identity or expression, except in the case of a bona fide occupational qualification.