Sr. Secretary -(ACCOUNTING/BOOKEEPER) (46-weeks)
PURPOSE: This grade is accountable for performing a full range of secretarial support functions. Incumbents in this class should gain the knowledge necessary to perform successfully if advanced to the Administrative Assistant level.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
Incumbents perform a variety of secretarial duties as illustrated in the following areas:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY - MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must know QUICKEN
- Possesses considerable knowledge of office systems and procedures.
- Demonstrates the grammar, punctuation and spelling skill set required to write and edit business communications and prepare reports.
- Demonstrates considerable interpersonal skills including, but not limited to, tact and diplomacy and the ability to schedule appointments for staff, handle telephone calls requiring knowledge of and sensitivity to the job's functions, etc.
- Possesses substantial ability to schedule and prioritize office workflow.
- Demonstrates significant ability to operate office equipment which may include word processors, computer terminals, printers, copiers, telefacsimilie machines or other automated equipment.
- Possesses considerable ability to take notes that will result in appropriate business communications (i.e., shorthand, speedwriting, or other method acceptable to the supervisor).
Demonstrates significant ability to respect and maintain the integrity and confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Demonstrates considerable ability to read, write, and follow detailed instructions in English.
- Possesses excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Possesses proven ability to be flexible and manage changing priorities; must have a strong sense of time management.
- Possesses ability to troubleshoot by relieving direct supervisor of as much administrative detail as possible (within prescribed limits of authority).
- Possesses proof of high school diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Two (2) plus year's experience performing office support or secretarial work successfully.
- Demonstrates intermediate MS Word and Excel skills, including the ability to pass an intermediate level software assessment.
- Demonstrates basic MS Powerpoint and Access skills or demonstrates willingness to learn and develop basic skills in the same, including the ability to pass a basic level software assessment.
- Demonstrates willingness to learn and develop intermediate skills in education-related software programs.
- Bilingual, a plus.
- Pay Grade/Level: Grade 3
- Hourly wage: in accordance with UPSEU union contract
- 46-week position