- Job Type
Work with and teach middle and/or upper school students to prepare them for success in a college preparatory upper school program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaborate in a strong team environment to:
- Provide for an engaging middle and/or upper school learning environment conducive to student success in technology
- Promote and support a middle and/or upper program with promotion based upon standards mastery
- Communicate knowledge in an interesting, stimulating, and effective manner, using a variety of instructional methodologies, curriculum resources, and materials
- Examine student assessment data to inform decision making and to guide and improve instruction
- Promote high levels of learning in an engaging and effective manner, using a variety of instructional methodologies, curriculum resources, and materials
- Integrate literacy strategies into the instructional framework
- Differentiate instruction to reach all learners
- Plan, organize, and deliver appropriate lessons for assigned area(s) of responsibility, and submit lesson plans to the Principal on an as-requested basis
- Establish and maintain a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning
- Collaborate with fellow teachers on planning, professional development, and standards-based curriculum and common assessment design to contribute to the continuous improvement of instruction at the school
- Assess students’ learning in a professional manner and communicate students’ progress to parents and fellow teachers to facilitate future instruction.
- Identify the special needs of students and seek additional support, as needed
- Maintain and submit necessary records, progress reports, and grade reports
- Participate in faculty meetings, workshops, staff development programs, and other school-sponsored activities
- Participate in summer programming including direct service to incoming and returning SEED youth and curriculum work with colleagues
- Assist in general building supervision and discipline of students outside of the classroom
- Adhere to the professional and ethical standards as outlined in the SEED Staff Manual
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in the related field
- A teaching certificate is required, Master’s in the related field, and/or prior teaching experience highly desired
- Experience with the urban population is a plus.
Apply for Technology Teacher
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly