Special Education Teacher
- Job Type
Under the leadership of the Director of Special Education, the Special Education Teacher is to work with and co-teach middle and/or high school students to ensure their success in a college preparatory program. The Special Education Teacher provides effective instruction and support in curricular areas for which employed; utilizes various instructional resources and technologies; demonstrates knowledge of the teaching/learning process; develops and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of a diverse student population; maintains contact and communication with parents and Student Life staff; and works effectively with administrators, colleagues, and all members of the school community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaborate in a strong team environment to:
- Establish and maintain an engaging middle and/or high school learning environment conducive to student success
- Promote and support a middle and/or high school program with promotion based upon standards mastery
- Communicate knowledge in an interesting, stimulating, and effective manner, using a variety of instructional methodologies, curriculum resources, and materials
- Examine student assessment data to guide and improve instruction
- Promote high levels of learning in an engaging and effective manner using a variety of instructional methodologies, curriculum resources, and materials
- Integrate literacy strategies into the instructional framework
- Differentiate instruction to reach all learners
- Co-Plan, organize, and deliver appropriate lessons for assigned area(s) of responsibility,
- Collaborate with coworkers on planning, professional development, standards-based curriculum, and common assessment design to contribute to the continuous improvement of instruction at the school
- Assess students’ learning in a professional manner and communicate students’ progress to parents and fellow teachers to facilitate future instruction.
- Advocate for student accommodations and services to ensure that IEP’s are being implemented with fidelity
- Maintain and submit necessary records, progress reports, and grade reports
- Monitor and case manage assigned MD Online IEP’s
- Plan and prepare for all IEP meetings as assigned
- Meet with students on your assigned caseload on a weekly basis
- Deliver pull out instruction that is compliant with student IEP’s
- Participate in faculty meetings, workshops, staff development programs, and other school-sponsored activities
- Participate in summer programming which may include direct service to incoming and returning SEED youth and curriculum work with colleagues
- Assist in general building supervision and discipline of students outside of the classroom
- Adhere to the professional and ethical standards as outlined in the SEED MD Staff Manual
- And other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in the related field is required
- Special Education certification is required
- Active teaching certificate (grades 6-12) is required
- Master’s in the related field and/or prior teaching experience is highly desired.
Apply for Special Education Teacher
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly