District Instructional Coach
Administration/ District Instructional Coach
We are accepting applications for District Instructional Coach. The Elementary District Instructional Coach will apply best practices research to design, develop, deliver, and demonstrate effective instructional strategies for improving math instruction and increasing student science achievement. This position will also provide tier I support to new teachers in the district and take the lead in providing support to new and beginning teachers through on-going professional development, and on-site coaching through teaching model lessons and observing. Please see the attachment for detailed job description.
- Missouri Teacher Certification
- Demonstrates expertise in science content and best practice instructional strategies
- 5 years teaching experience
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Missouri Learning Standards and DOK
- Experience with instructional leadership
- Willingness to carry out requirements of the Science Grant
- Evidence of interacting effectively with students, parents, and professional colleagues – ability to promote collaborative relationships
- Evidence of knowledge of characteristics of an effective teacher: classroom management, lesson mastery, positive expectations and lesson design
- Evidence of knowledge about and practical experience with the change process and adult learning theory
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant's current principal/supervisor describing the applicant's teaching and coaching abilities (specific evidence must be included)
Contact Human Resources at 816-316-7214 if you have any questions.
Hickman Mills C-1 is an equal opportunity institution and there shall be no discrimination against students or employees on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, national origin, disability, or age.