Secondary Special Education Teacher
- Job Type
Responsible for developing and implementing an instructional program designed to maximize the academic progress and meet the individual needs of the students with special needs and significant behavioral challenges enrolled.
- Establish and implement units of instruction to meet the individual instructional objectives of students, consistent with the Standards of the New York State Education Department and curriculum of the Office of Exceptional Children.
- Monitor and report to parents, administrators and WEMOCO regarding the educational progress of all students enrolled.
- Participate in staffings, parent conferences, as needed to review the programs and progress of students.
- Attend CSE meetings as requested.
- Direct the activities of program aides and complete their evaluations.
- Arrange for and monitor mainstreaming experiences for students within the school building.
- Develop and implement social-emotional interventions and formal classroom behavior management plans in coordination with mental health staff and supervisor.
- Perform all classroom clerical duties such as maintenance of cumulative folders and attendance records and completion of all forms as directed by the Office of Exceptional Children.
- Perform such other professional duties as may be assigned by the Special Education Supervisor.
Apply for Secondary Special Education Teacher
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly