Affective Needs Teacher
Licensed - Special Education Teacher/Affective Needs
Altura Elementary School
- To support student achievement, assess, teach, and support students with significant emotional disabilities in a continuum of services.
- Understand and implement FBA’s and BIP’s with a team approach.
- Supervision of paraprofessionals is part of this position.
- Be able to demonstrate understanding and application of assessment for eligibility and programming in literacy and math.
- Consult and collaborate with general and special education staff are essential.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Holds a Colorado teaching license or is currently eligible for one with the appropriate endorsement for this position
- A completed Human Resources file including transcripts, student teaching verification, previous work experience
Condition of Employment: As a condition of employment, the individual selected for this position will be expected to complete the APS-sponsored Linguistically Diverse Educator (LDE) Certificate Program within the first three years of employment.
Click here to learn about the Linguistically Diverse Educator Certificate.