Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
- Grade Level
- Early Childhood
Licensed - ECE Special Education Teacher/ECE, Special Education Teacher
Exceptional Student Services
Additional Info: 2019-20 School Year.
Click here to visit our interactive map where you can find out more information on each individual school, such as highlights, school data, demographics and more. Salary: See the teacher salary schedule at https://hr.aurorak12.org/teach-lead-inspire/teach/#licensed-salary-schedule Days/Hours: as designated by the school. - Days: 187 day position (new teachers 190 day position) General Description:
- To support student achievement. Responsibilities include assessing, teaching and supporting students with disabilities in a continuum of services to include in-class and pull out option.
- Consultation and collaboration with general education and special education staff are essential components of this position.
- Be able to demonstrate understanding and applications of standardized assessments for eligibility and general education assessments in literacy and math for programming purposes.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Holds a Colorado teaching license or is currently eligible for one with the appropriate endorsement for this position
- A completed Human Resources file including transcripts, student teaching verification, previous work experience
- Acceptable Licenses
- Early Childhood Special Ed (ages birth thru 8) Grades P3-2 only
- Early Childhood Special Ed Specialist (ages birth thru 8) Grades P3-2 only
- Early Childhood Special Ed (ages birth thru 5) Grade P3-K only
- Early Childhood Special Ed (ages 3 thru 8) Grades P3-2 only
Condition of Employment: As a condition of employment, the individual selected for this position will be expected to complete the APS-sponsored Linguistically Diverse Educator (LDE) Certificate Program within the first three years of employment.
Click here to learn about the Linguistically Diverse Educator Certificate.