The maintenance and HVAC technician lead will perform general inspections, troubleshooting, and repair of all types of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire alarm, and facility systems. The maintenance technician will work in conjunction with the school director of operations to coordinate repairs. The maintenance technician will also schedule repairs and maintenance and ensure that all repairs are completed safely, with quality workmanship.
Why join Ascend Public Charter Schools?
Ascend is a network of urban, college-preparatory K-12 charter schools in Brooklyn. Educators at Ascend are driven by our mission to equip every student with the knowledge, confidence, and character to succeed in college and beyond. Today, we educate over 4,000 students at five lower schools, three middle schools, and one high school.
We are passionate about guiding our scholars to think critically and independently, and to enjoy education as an end in itself. We teach a rigorous liberal arts curriculum that fosters curiosity and enables our scholars to adapt to new ideas and practices, while gaining a fundamental understanding of math and science.
We foster a school culture where scholars feel connected, empowered, and safe to take academic risks. We utilize comprehensive practices such as advisory and collaborative problem-solving that promote respect, develop leadership, and strengthen relationships.
Our school buildings
We believe that our school buildings should reflect the incredible accomplishments that happen within their walls. All Ascend schools are housed in inviting, newly renovated buildings where every detail is chosen to communicate our aspirations for teaching and learning. See where we work.
Maintenance and repair tickets. Responds to requests in a ticket system to:
- Complete diagnostic troubleshooting the HVAC System from wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Responsible for the installation, operations, repair and maintenance of building mechanical systems and equipment.
- Perform the Preventative maintenance of the facility HVAC equipment
- Prepare and paint walls and woodwork or perform other types of refinishing
- Repair VCT and carpeted floors
- Replace damaged ceiling tiles
- Fix doors and locks
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of mechanical systems, such as plumbing, heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems
- Undertake minor electrical repairs, including to low-voltage PA and LAN cabling
- Undertake minor plumbing repairs
- Install glass in windows, doors, and partitions
- Build, repair, and install counters, cabinets, benches, partitions, floors, doors, and trim; use carpenter's hand tools and power tools
- Unpack, assemble, and install furniture and fixtures
- Recommend purchases and cost savings measures
- Perform custodial duties as required
- Operate snow plow or snow blower to clear sidewalk areas
- Maintain inventories of construction supplies used in the technician's work, such as paint, tiles, and filters, and detailed records of where each such supply is used in each facility.
- Performs duties such as installation of replacement compressors, evaporator coils, blower motors and dampers
- Troubleshooting of electrical low voltage wiring for controls and high voltage for compressors and air Handlers.
- Service and maintain Mitsubishi split units, Trane split units and Carrier package units
- Maintain log on all equipment.
- Have a working knowledge of all trades related to the facility maintenance. Extensive mechanical ability and aptitude on all mechanical systems. Average computer skills are required; Proven ability to work professionally and cooperate with others. Demonstrates attention to detail in all facets of position. Develops and implements cost saving measures. Conserves organizational resources. 3 to 5 years related experience in facility maintenance. Ability to read, analyze, interpret, city regulations. Ability to apply concepts such as formulas, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with multipole variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities during a normal work-day: stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb or balance, talk, hear and smell. Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds 1/3 of time at work. Must have the following vision requirement: close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to perform duties under the following environmental conditions: work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places with potential exposure to work environments containing fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold and heat (non-weather), risk of electrical shock and occasional loud noise.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/vj2x3mx2mnvwnjff