4th Grade Teacher
- Job Type
Founded in 1963 by the Sisters of the Holy Faith, Saint Hilary School is a unique blend of a traditional and progressive practice. Our whole-child approach to education prepares our well rounded and graduates for success in the Bay Area's most rigorous college preparatory high schools, and in life. Led by a team of professional and dedicated teachers, our academic program is rigorous, inquiry-based and engaging. We take tremendous pride in being an innovative Catholic school. From our school-wide Accelerated Reader program to our Apple Distinguished Technology Program to our Amplify Science program we strive to present our students with the best possible academic opportunities. The excellence of our academic program is enhanced by the active participation of our families - our partners in education. This is an active and supportive community with parent volunteers, school and parish-wide community-building events, and an Ambassador Program for new families, promote a trust and camaraderie within our community that allows us to educate students at the highest level.
Applicants should have
- A valid California teaching credential
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Arts in education, or a related field
- A passion for teaching middle school students
- Strong teaching ability; enjoy working with children and adolescents
- Experience with differentiated instruction
- Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with students and adult colleagues
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
- Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
- Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events
- Observe and understand students’ behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences etc.
Proven experience as a teacher
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
- Knowledge of CPR
- California State Teaching Credential
- Practicing Catholic (preferred)
The Archdiocese of San Francisco will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation. The Archdiocese of San Francisco will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.