Join Voice Charter Schools for a Virtual Career Fair for Teachers
Looking for a teaching job for the upcoming school year in Long Island City, New York? Join our virtual career fair to chat one-on-one via text with recruiters and land a teaching job faster.
Why work for Voice Charter Schools?
We don’t just talk about our core values of Efficacy, Care, and Wonder-- we live them. Ask any student, teacher, staff member or parent and they will tell you: what makes VOICE special is the unusually high level of care and trust that pervades our community and drives hard work.
Students know that teachers care about them and do everything in their power to help them learn. So students feel safe, work harder, and keep wondering. With support from administration and peers, teachers are constantly improving their own practices, sharing techniques, learning and collaborating more deeply.
From the outset VOICE has embodied the Professional Learning Communities model in optimizing conditions for staff-- providing training, time, space, professional support, resources and open channels of communication to continuously advance staff skills and ensure their well-being. These supports-- both material and intangible-- set us apart; we believe they contribute to our extremely high staff retention rate compared to other charter schools. We also give staff myriad opportunities to assume leadership and move upward in our organization: faculty and staff lead their grade and department teams and coordinate special events and committees; in numerous cases, assistants have become classroom teachers and teachers have assumed leadership roles in coaching and administration.
Compensation at VOICE is competitive and based on experience:
- Participation in a pre-tax commuter benefits program and partial reimbursement for monthly commuting expenses,
- Gym reimbursement,
- Cultural enrichment reimbursements
- Teachers are eligible to participate in the TRS plan and Support Staff can enroll in VOICE's 403B plan.
- In addition, faculty and staff have numerous opportunities to engage in internal and external learning and development programs.
Open Teaching Jobs
- 3rd-5th Grade Teacher
- Elementary Art/Science Teacher
- Elementary Music Teacher
- Elementary Music Teacher (Leave Replacement)
- ENL Teacher
- Middle School Math Teacher (6-8)
- Middle School Science Teacher (6-8)
- Elementary Intervention Teacher/SETSS Teacher
- Elementary Physical Education Teacher
- Elementary Science Teacher
- Kindergarten-2nd Grade Teacher
- Kindergarten-2nd Grade ICT Teacher
- Middle School Art Teacher (6-8)
- Middle School ELA Teacher (6-8)
- Middle School Social Studies Teacher (6-8)
- Middle School Intervention/ SETSS Teacher (6-8)
- Middle School ICT Teacher (6-8)
- Middle School Physical Education Teacher (6-8)
- Social Worker
- Technology Teacher
More searches like this
- Teaching High School Part-Time jobs in Long Island City
- Elementary Education Teacher High School Part-Time jobs in Long Island City
- English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher High School Part-Time jobs in Long Island City
- English Teacher High School Part-Time jobs in Long Island City
- Fine Arts Teacher High School Part-Time jobs in Long Island City