Dean of Instruction
Student Support Services
WK Kellogg Preparatory High School
Battle Creek Public Schools
Position: Dean of Instruction
Location: WK Kellogg Preparatory High School
The Dean of Instruction envisions and creates the academic programming for WK Preparatory Academy"s blended learning program to be instructionally valuable, preparing students to be successful in their next step of career preparation or higher education. The Dean of Instruction will work daily to oversee and support the ongoing student achievement, data analysis, and evaluation and improvement of the educational program of WK Prep while ensuring that the school"s mission of educational excellence and innovation in an alternative environment are fulfilled. The primary work of the Dean of Instruction is to work collaboratively with the Principal and the staff to sustain a school culture that supports excellence in teaching, embraces communities of learners and a culture of self-reflection, and promotes rigorous learning in an alternative environment. The Dean of Instruction will lead the school to be learner, rather than teacher, centered and will facilitate work among departments to develop integrated programs that are project based and collaborative, preparing students in such a way that their diploma has high value to them, their future opportunities, and the community.
• Lead in the development of a state of the art curriculum provided in a blended learning platform based on best practice and current research on alternative education.
• Serve as an active member of the school"s administrative team, contributing to the vision of leadership in alternative education
*Oversee professional development for staff and to assist in evaluation.
• Work in partnership with the Principal and Leadership Team to ensure program alignment with the district and school mission and successful achievement of its strategic program goals.
• Engage in initial learning and preparation of WK Prep"s transformation to a blended learning alternative environment, taking the lead on preparing teachers to be successful in this instructional setting
• Oversee and coordinate professional development program throughout the summer and school year that aligns with staff and curriculum/instruction needs. The program should rely both on in-house and external expertise
• Work in partnership with the district Technology team to oversee and to support the use of technology tools for teaching and learning
*Participate in the supervision and evaluation of teachers
• Edit, in partnership with the Principal, district Director of Secondary Education, and the district Curriculum Coordinator the Course Catalog, published curriculum guides and program overviews.
• Plan and lead, in conjunction with the Principal, bi-weekly teaching and learning opportunities for staff meetings based on data information, providing staff opportunities for reflection, sharing of best practice, and recommendations for continuous improvement
• Attend and participate in PLC
*Work in tandem with the Principal and ILT to use data-informed decision making to create and revise the school"s Theory of Action.
Qualifications, Attributes and Experience:
• MA degree
• Minimum of three years" experience in the classroom
• Knowledge of and experience with curriculum design models, (i.e. Wiggins and McTighe"s UBD)
• Proven leadership and strong team building skills
*Familiarity/expertise with technology as a teaching/learning resource and best practice in technology integration
• Ability to work well with all kinds of people
• Innovative, creative, and willing to take risks
• Ability to take initiatives
* Demonstrated experience with leading educational change
• Experience with and/or understanding of at-risk students
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Accuracy, attention to detail and follow through
• Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking capabilities
SCHOOL SAFETY CLEARANCE: The successful candidate will be subject to a fingerprint and background check as a condition of employment. All fees required for this check (estimated $71.00) will be the responsibility of the successful applicant.
The Battle Creek Public School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.
Apply for Dean of Instruction
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly