Special Education Teacher
Elementary School Teaching/ Strassburg - Grades 3, 4, 5
Strassburg Elementary (3-5)
Job Focus: To lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth and maturation.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Line of Supervision: Responsible to and evaluated by the Principal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Regularly meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and times designated.
2. Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning practices effectively utilizing district resources.
3. Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon the administrator’s request.
4. Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior, consistent with their physical limitations.
5. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and methods consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and
capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
6. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
7. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
8. Evaluates student progress on a regular basis.
9. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
10. Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and policies of the Board of Education.
11. Attends and participates in faculty and curriculum meetings.
12. Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and
behavioral progress of all assigned students.
13. Follows all District 168 policies regarding retention.
14. Follows special education student’s Individual Education Plans (IEPs) making adaptations and modifications per federal and state law.
15. Strives to establish and maintain cooperative relations with all district personnel.
16. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence through participation in; but, not limited to workshops, college courses and seminars.
17. Strives to make adaptations and modifications that meet the learning styles of a diverse student population.
18. Incorporates the use of technology in the classroom to enhance the instructional program.
19. Guards the confidentiality of all information placed in charge of this office. Breach of this trust shall be grounds for dismissal.
20. Performs such other duties as assigned by the Principal, Director of Instructional Services, or Superintendent of Schools.
1. Holds a valid Illinois Professional Educator License with LBS1 Endorsement.
2. Holds an earned degree in proper subject area from an accredited college or university.
3. Has experiences and qualifications as deemed necessary by the Board of Education.
Terms of Employment: Salary and work year determined by collective bargaining agreement.
Application Procedure: Apply Online at D168.org under employment.
Selection Procedure: Building Principal/Director will contact applicant should an interview be scheduled.
Description: Provide support services in math and reading for students in grades 3-5.
Qualifications: Illinois State Teaching License with LBS1 endorsement.
Apply for Special Education Teacher
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly