Second Grade Teacher
- Job Type
Organization Profile: University Heights Charter School (UHCS) is an anchor education instution that seeks to develop in each child the character, scholarship, and leadership necessary for success in life, college, and community. UHCS seeks dynamic, dedicated, and determined educators who believe all children can achieve at high levels and can close the achievement gap. In addition to excellent instruction, including diverse special education services, the school also provides extensive medical, social, and therapeutic support.
Position: Early Childhood Education Teacher
1. Valid New Jersey Certification in Early Childhood Education (P-3)
2. Minimum 2 years teaching experience with proven results preferred.
3. Excellent classroom management skills.
3. Demonstrated organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Required criminal history background check, proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident status & NJ residency.
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUPERVISES: Classroom students
JOB GOAL: To provide the approved program to instruction in the subject(s) assigned to be taught and to assist in the daily operation of the school.
- Plans, in accordance with established procedures both a program of study and lessons which are consistent with the approved course of study and which meet the individual needs, interests and abilities of students.
- Implements by instruction and action the School's philosophy and the State and School's instructional goals.
- Ensures satisfactory pupil progress and growth toward stated objectives of instruction.
- Employs instructional method and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives including positive attitudes toward learning.
- Develops effective procedures for the management of the classroom and following school routines.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate student behavior in the classroom, school building and school grounds and exercises due care for the health, safety and well-being of the students in accordance with the philosophy and rules of the school.
- Assesses pupils in accordance with School testing policy and program, interprets the results and utilizes the information obtained for planning instruction, for reporting student progress, and for improving curriculum.
- Assists in curriculum development and in the selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials.
- Works toward professional growth and meets the role model standards of a professional educator.
- Maintains cordial and workable professional and social relationships with other members of the professional and non-professional staff and with students, parents and community members.
- Displays respect towards the rights and feelings of students, thereby encouraging students to develop attitudes of respect for the rights, feelings, opinions and property of others.
- Confers with students and parents to foster a constructive student-teacher and parent-teacher relationship.
- Accurately maintains appropriate student records and submits required reports within designated time limits.
- Effectively contributes in a reasonable manner to the overall after school functions and student activities.
- Gives proper attention to the care and protection of school property and uses material economically.
- Adheres to and promotes the philosophy and objectives of the school, the administrative staff and the Board of Education and interprets the policies and program of the school in a positive and constructive manner.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the administrative staff in accordance with the contractual agreement or policies of the Board of Trustees.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Ten-month employee. Salary to be recommended by Executive Director and approved by board.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the board's policy on evaluation.
Apply for Second Grade Teacher
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly