State Director, California Division (Northern California)
- Job Type
AVID Center is currently looking for an experienced, motivated, and influential educational leader to join their team in the role of State Director – California Division. This high-level position offers the ability to make a huge impact on students, families, and communities in the northern half of the California Division. State Directors provide overarching support to AVID Program Managers, who work directly with AVID district leadership, site/school leaders, and other key stakeholders to implement, manage, and grow the AVID College Readiness System. State Directors must have a great understanding of the ever-changing educational landscape, including the nuances of California and the districts they serve, to ensure the best solutions and systems of support.
State Directors need to be comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels, including meeting with superintendents, presenting information to state legislators, and partnering with other organizations for funding opportunities. Their ability to easily transition to accommodate a variety of audiences is key. At a time when the resources of teachers, schools, and districts are more stretched than ever, AVID is dedicated to providing a solution for support and success, and the State Directors are at the forefront of that mission.
What we are looking for in the role of State Director – California Division:
- Experience with the AVID College Readiness System as well as a passion for the AVID mission
- At least three years of administrative (school or district) experience, including direct supervision of staff
- A motivating trainer, leader and mentor with exceptional relational capacity
- Must be located in Northern California, or must be willing to relocate for the position
- The ability and motivation for frequent travel
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral
- The ability to listen to individual needs and successfully align them with products, services, and strategies for improvement
- Experience with frequently using data to inform their work and comfort with pulling information from multiple state and national sources
- Excellent organization, time-management, and problem-solving skills
Comfortable working remotely; able to prioritize responsibilities to fit the needs of both internal and external partnerships