Join Union County Public Schools for a Virtual Career Fair for Teachers
Looking for a teaching job for the upcoming school year in Monroe, North Carolina? Join our virtual career fair to chat one-on-one via text with recruiters and land a teaching job faster.
Why work for Union County Public Schools?
UCPS values all of its employees and take great pride in employing the best educators in North Carolina. Our school system is a leader in academic achievement among the 12 largest school districts in North Carolina. We hold a 92.5 percent graduation rate and have the highest achievement levels in several key performance areas. Here are some additional facts about UCPS:
- Sixth largest school system in North Carolina.
- Approximately 41,500 students and 5,000 employees.
- Nine schools received an A+ distinction from the Department of Public Instruction for academic excellence.
- Central Academy of Technology and Arts recently earned a National Blue Ribbon Award. Shiloh Elementary and Weddington Middle received this prestigious distinction in 2013.
- UCPS leads the state in providing dual language programs through Participate, Center for International Education. Students learn Spanish and Mandarin at nine schools through the SPLASH immersion program.
- UCPS has expanded its academic options and developed more than 20 career and technical education academies. Students can enroll in courses in broadcasting, engineering, carpentry, computer hardware and networking, nursing, auto repair cosmetology, culinary arts and several other career disciplines.
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Workers' Compensation
- Supplemental Retirement Plans
- Death Benefit
- Disability Income
- Holiday Leave
- Vacation Leave (Annual Leave)
- Sick Leave
- Extended Sick Leave
- Voluntary Shared Leave
- Parental Leave Without Pay
- Family and Medical Leave
- Jury Duty
- Court Attendance
- Military Leave
- Personal Leave
Open Teaching Jobs
- High School/Middle Grades Science Teacher
- High School Math Teacher
- EC Teacher
- CTE Teacher
- Spanish Teacher
Open School and District Administration Positions
Assistant Principal (2)