School Based Physical Therapist Assistant (Full Performance) - Kauai District, Island of Kauai
- SCHOOL BASED PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (FULL PERFORMANCE)
$4,453.00 per month (HE-10)
Kauai District, Island of Kauai
- This position works in the physical therapy program as a related service provider in an educational setting and is responsible for implementing physical therapy plans developed by a licensed Physical Therapist (PT) in accordance and in conjunction with the Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Employment Opportunities in Temporary Positions
Some vacant positions may be temporary. Temporary positions may be extended year to year, dependent upon funding and departmental needs. Making yourself available for temporary positions increases your employment possibilities and may lead to permanent opportunities. A person hired for a temporary position may also become a temporary employee upon satisfactory completion of the initial probation period of at least six months. Once a temporary employee, you would be eligible to apply for promotion and transfer opportunities to permanent as well as other temporary positions. You may also enjoy other rights and benefits as afforded to an employee in a permanent position, with the exception of return rights and placement rights associated with a reduction-in-force.
- Applicants must meet all the requirements for the position they are seeking as of the date of the application, unless otherwise specified. Unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience may not be gained concurrently. Note: Calculation of experience is based on full-time, 40-hour workweeks. Part-time experience is pro-rated. Example: Twelve months of experience at 20 hours/week is equivalent to six months of experience, not one year. Also, hours worked in excess of 40 hours/week will not be credited. Example: Twelve months of experience at 60 hours/week is equivalent to one year of experience, not one and a half years.
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Education Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited physical therapist assistant program, which at the time of graduation was accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), its predecessor organization, or its successor organization; or in the case of a foreign-trained person, a credentials evaluation report from an agency recognized by the appropriate licensing agency of the State of Hawaii, indicating successful completion of an education program that has been determined to be equivalent to an accredited physical therapist assistant program.
One (1) year of work experience as a Physical Therapist Assistant which involved the performance of physical therapy work and related duties under the direction of a PT. Such work experience must have demonstrated the implementation of physical therapy care plans developed by a PT, care and use of equipment, providing instruction in physical therapy procedures to students and others.
1. Applicants must possess a valid license issued by the State of Hawaii to practice as a Physical Therapist Assistant at the time of appointment; and
2. Applicants must possess a valid license to drive in the State of Hawaii.
Graduation from an accredited physical therapist program, which at the time of graduation was accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), its predecessor organization, or its successor organization; or in the case of a foreign-trained person, a credentials evaluation report from an agency recognized by the appropriate licensing agency of the State of Hawaii, indicating successful completion of an education program that has been determined to be equivalent to an accredited physical therapist program, may be substituted for all of the education and work experience required for the entry and full performance level.
Applicants must have the ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- All documents submitted to us become the property of the Department of Education.