Student Support Monitor (Elementary)
- Grade Level
- Elementary School
Support Staff/Student Support Monitor
Job Category: Student Support Monitor
Title: Elementary Student Support Monitor
Qualifications: *48 College Credit Hours or the ability to pass a State Approved Assessment within 90 days of employment.
*High School Diploma.
*Ability to relate to parents.
*Ability to relate to students.
*Ability to relate to teachers.
*Ability to relate to administrators.
Reports To: Building Principal
Supervises: Students and Lunchroom/Playground Aides
This individual will work directly with the student population to provide a safe and civil environment. This will include but not be limited to individual, group and classroom support.
- Ability to maintain regular and good work attendance and come to work on time.
- Ability to work constructively and cooperatively with others.
- Ability to respond to information requests in a courteous, timely and helpful manner.
- Ability to manage job responsibilities while meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieves information from a computer.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student and staff information.
- Provide structure and appropriate supervision in the breakfast room, lunchroom, playground, halls and other areas students are present.
- Provide proactive strategies for students who may exhibit disruptive behaviors.
- Serve as the initial supervisor of lunchroom playground areas, which may include selection and training.
- Assist in providing support to classroom teachers in the areas of student supervision and management of behaviors.
- Help facilitate the building wide Safe and Civil School plan.
- Maintain supervision of the area students are placed in to receive student support. Provide the mentoring necessary for student to regain control of behaviors.
- Assist with in school suspensions and development of specific student behavior plans.
- Maintain records of all students receiving support to include appropriate documentation.
- Maintain consistent visibility in all areas of the school through the day.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with administration, staff, students and parents and always maintain confidentiality.
- Complete additional duties as assigned by building leadership which may include but is not limited to; working with groups of students curriculum materials, supervising students in after school groups, providing parent support, assisting with attendance and truancy situations.
Salary Range: Salary will be $13.56 - $14.56 per hour
Evaluation Frequency: Job performance will be evaluated a minimum of 1 time per year.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Geary County USD #475 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and/or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. For questions or complaints based on race, color, national origin, sex or age, please contact the USD 475 Executive Director of Personnel Services, 123 N. Eisenhower, Junction City, KS 66441. Telephone: 785.717.4000. For questions or complaints based on disability, please contact the USD 475 Executive Director of Special Education, 123 N. Eisenhower, Junction City, KS 66441. Telephone: 785.717.4000