The Promise Academy at Harrison Elementary Media Librarian (1.0 FTE)
- Job Type
Elementary School Positions/ CERT - 1060 - MEDIA LIBRARIAN (ELEM)
19/20 School Year
Promise Academy Schools
Make a difference in children's lives! Be the change that a child needs!
Receive an excellent compensation package for this important mission!
This is a great opportunity to work in a school that:
- Promotes a positive learning environment that has a culture of high expectations for student
- Utilizes Professional Learning Communities to enhance student achievement
- Provides the extra time needed to deepen student learning through active engagement
- Collaborates with instructional specialists to maximize the effectiveness of instructional strategies
- Empowers all stakeholders in the responsibility of increasing the achievement of all students
- Emphasizes the social, emotional, physical and intellectual development of each student
- Provides a positive, welcoming, and safe environment for the school community
This opportunity provides a compensation package in accordance with the longer school day and longer school year (pending KDE approval).
Compared to a traditional school schedule, this compensation package provides a minimum of $14,000 additional pay.
Develops and facilitates a school based library media program which meets and exceeds goals established by federal, state and local school authorities in order to provide information needs of students and teachers in the instructional process.
- Conducts and facilitates activities and projects to provide quality school library media services to students and teachers which support the curriculum parameters and instruction.
- Manages and supervises the organization and operation of the school library/media center.
- Provides leadership and direction to assigned school as they implement instructional technology plans, particularly as they relate to library and information services.
- Provides for school professional development for staff to encourage leadership, competence, and creativity in developing programs.
- Advocates the principles of intellectual freedom that govern the universal right to read and to access information and ideas.
- Prepares, administers, monitors, amends, and keeps an accounting of budget designated for library/media center; attend to all recordkeeping, correspondence, requests, meetings, related to library/media center.
- Maintains knowledge of current statutes, policies, guidelines, regulations, trends and research that affect the instructional program and assist assigned school in remaining current on such information related to school library media services.
- Assists school staff with curriculum, instruction, and assessment projects. Serve on various district and school committees upon request.
- Brings to the attention of the Coordinator, Media Services matters related to instructional improvement which require consideration or action in the area of library media services.
- Maintains regular attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Major in Library and Information Science
- Master's degree
- Kentucky Certification as a School Media Librarian
- Five years of successful teaching experience
- Strong management and leadership ability
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement numerous projects simultaneously
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull light weights
Heather Bell (email@example.com)