2019-20 Elementary Principal ($5,000 Bonus)
- Job Type
The job of Principal is done for the purpose/s of providing support for the instructional process with specific responsibility for directing overall site operations, services, and staff at assigned school; providing information and serving as a resource to others; enforcing established policies and regulatory requirements; coordinating school activities and addressing issues, situations, and/or problems that arise on campus or with enrolled students.
Superintendent of Schools
• Chairs meetings (curriculum, safety, site advisory, special district committees, etc.) for the purpose of coordinating activities and ensuring that outcomes achieve school, district, and/or state objectives.
• Delegates responsibility for a variety of administrative functions to Assistant Principal and other personnel for the purpose of managing the workload more efficiently.
• Develops budgets and financial forecasts for the purpose of providing financial guidance and recommendations to administrative personnel, Superintendent, and/or governing Board.
• Evaluates assigned personnel for the purpose of ensuring that standards are achieved and performance is maximized.
• Facilitates communication between personnel, students, and/or parents for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving problems, and/or resolving conflicts.
• Implements policies, procedures, and/or processes for the purpose of providing direction and/or complying with mandated requirements.
• Manages school administrative functions (facility maintenance, budget, staffing, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining safe and efficient school operations within district guidelines.
• Prepares a wide variety of materials (quantity reports, student activities, correspondence, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
• Presents information (budget overviews, accounting processes, distribution formulas, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information, gaining feedback, and ensuring adherence to established internal controls.
• Researches alternate funding sources for the purpose of maintaining the efficient operation of the school.
• Supervises Assistant Principals and other instructional personnel for the purpose of monitoring performance, providing for professional growth, and achieving overall objectives of school's curriculum.
• Represents the school within community forums for the purpose of maintaining ongoing community support for educational goals and/or assisting with issues related to school environment.
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
• Skills-based Competencies
Required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: planning and managing projects; using pertinent software applications; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and administering personnel policies.
• Knowledge-based Competencies
Required to perform algebra and/or geometry; review and interpret highly technical information, write technical materials, and/or speak persuasively to implement desired actions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: pertinent codes, policies, regulations, and/or laws; conflict resolution; bookkeeping principles, and concepts of management and supervision.
• Ability-based Competencies
Required to schedule a number of activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize job-related equipment. Independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; setting priorities; working as part of a team; working with frequent interruptions; creating a positive school climate for students, staff and community; motivating staff; and adapting to changing work priorities.
Hold or eligible for a valid Georgia Leadership Certification (L-5 or higher)
Two (2) years’ experience as an Assistant Principal
Three (3) years’ classroom teaching experience
Demonstrated experience in comprehensive school improvement and directing work associated with a standards based learning environment
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity.
Generally the job requires 20% sitting, 40% walking, and 40% standing.
Maintains all licenses and certifications
Criminal Justice Fingerprint
Fair Labor Standards Act