Director of Education
- Job Type
Director of Education
Walnut Street Theatre, America’s oldest theatre and one of the nation’s most financially stable arts organizations with a $16M annual budget, is accepting resumes for the position of Director of Education. This senior management position reports to the President/Producing Artistic Director and is responsible for maintaining and growing an award winning education program that reaches over 150,000 people per year through our Theatre School, Touring Outreach Program, Kid Series Production, Residency Program, Adopt a School Program, Professional Apprenticeship Program and our partnership with Disney Musicals in Schools.
Key responsibilities include:
• Theatre School: setting curriculum and the hiring of all teaching artists for classes held at the Walnut.
• Camp Walnut: running a theatre camp every July with 120 campers.
• Outreach Program: selecting, producing and managing four touring shows to perform in local schools.
• Kid Series: selection, casting, engaging of creative team and supervision of 5 musicals per year aimed at family audiences.
• Adopt A School Program: running a theatre arts program with 3 Philadelphia Public K-8 schools.
• Residency Program: arranging theatre education experiences in area classrooms.
• Disney Musicals In Schools: working with 5 Philadelphia Public Schools to be part of national program.
• Directly supervise a full time staff of 3 employees, one part time person and 5 apprentices.
• Coordinating the engagement of 27 full season apprentices throughout all departments of the theatre each season.
• Represent the Theatre at all public events and in all meetings with stake holders regarding our education programs.
• Work with Development Director in seeking new educational opportunities and fulfilling grant requirements.
• Work with Director of Marketing to market all education programs.
Work with Director of Production on production aspects of all of the educational programs.
• Annual Budgets. Create and monitor income and expense budgets for the education department. Develop program budgets for various initiatives, as needed.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working in education preferably with theatre background.
• Experience with the creation and management of education programs and their budgets.
• Proven organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and produce high quality results.
• Demonstrated understanding of the current best practices in theater education.
• Knowledge of the Philadelphia School District a plus.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Bernard Havard, President/Producing Artistic Director of Walnut Street Theatre via: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Product, Services & Policy College/University Full-Time jobs in Philadelphia
- CEO / President / Executive Director College/University Full-Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Education Advocacy College/University Full-Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Education Consultant College/University Full-Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Implementation / Customer Success College/University Full-Time jobs in Philadelphia