Director of Diverse Learning (SPED Director)
Camelot Education is currently accepting applications for a Director of Diverse Learning (SPED Director)to join our staff for the 2019-20 school year at our Excel Academy of Roseland location in Chicago, IL. This accelerated high school program addresses the growing problem of overage, under credited, and at-risk high school students. Students range from grades 9-12, and are supported by a team of professionals that include leadership positions, credentialed teachers and behavior management professionals. The focus of this program will be to help our students excel academically and achieve post-secondary success.
We are hard working, cohesive, community-focused schools. All staff in our school, including administrators, teachers and behavior support positions, are promised excellent support, feedback and opportunity to grow. We genuinely love what we do and are always striving to get better.
The Director of Diverse Learning position is responsible for implementing and maintaining the special education programs and services in conformance to District, State, Federal and Camelot's objectives; providing written support and/or conveying information; serving as a resource to patrons, school personnel and the local district; and maintaining adequate staffing to ensure objectives of programs and services are achieved.
Camelot Education is a nationally recognized organization providing educational services to children and adolescents throughout the United States. Camelot has over 40 school campuses located in five states and is continuing to grow.
Check out our website at cameloteducation.org to learn more about our programs.
Priority deadline for Internal Staff will be Friday, June 14, 2019. Please be sure to notify your supervisor when applying for any internal positions.
Experience and Skills:
- BS/BA Degree with a concentration in Special Education, or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Five (5) years of experience in a responsible school or district administrative position which involved special education management or curriculum administration
- IL Special Education Instructional Certificate
- IL Administrative Certificate
- Proven ability and working knowledge with Microsoft software applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills and supervisory skills preferred
- Experience working in the Camelot Model is preferred