Speech Pathologist (0.8 FTE PreK Assessment Team + 0.2 FTE All District Bilingual Team) (Interim Con
- Job Type
Student Support Services/ Speech and Language Pathologist
2019-2020 School Year
The filling of this position is based upon continued funding in the Board of Education budget.
Note: Teachers dually certified in TESOL, Bilingual Education or ESL, with experience in Sheltered Instruction or fluency in a language other than English, will be given preference for all Stamford Public School positions.
JOB DESCRIPTION - Speech and Language Pathologist
The Speech and Language Pathologist functions as a member of the total diagnostic team by providing assessment, comprehensive differential diagnosis, educational planning and support as well as therapy for students with speech/language communication disorders and delays. Speech and language services may be delivered in a variety of ways alone or in collaboration with teachers and other service providers in order to best support students in the general curriculum, i.e., the least restrictive environment.
- To foster children's ability to communicate their needs, feelings and ideas, and to comprehend and respond in an appropriate manner to the communication of others.
- To evaluate and diagnose those students referred by the PPT members.
- To develop goals and objectives for qualified students.
- To communicate/coordinate therapy programs with parents, teachers and other service providers.
- To consult with PPT members in developing recommendations.
Since the school speech-language program is considered an integral part of the total education program, several service delivery models are used to best support students. The models include:
- Working in special/regular education classes.
- Individual or small group therapy.
- Consultation with teachers, other professionals and with parents.
Some speech and language pathologists are assigned to a single building while other travel to different settings.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Certification or Clinical Fellowship Year
- Connecticut State Department of Health License, or in process
- Connecticut State Department of Education Certification, or in process
Stamford Education Association (SEA)
Per SEA Contract
If an external candidate is selected for this position, they will be hired on an Interim Contract.
Online application is required.
Internal Applicants: Please paste a cover letter (summarizing your interest in and qualifications for the position) and resume in the comments section of the Internal Application. In addition, be prepared to provide a cover letter, resume, and two letters of reference to the interview committee.
More searches like this
- Administrator Early Childhood Part-Time jobs in Stamford
- Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment & PD Early Childhood Part-Time jobs in Stamford
- Data / Assessment Early Childhood Part-Time jobs in Stamford
- Teaching Early Childhood Part-Time jobs in Stamford
- Bilingual Education / Dual Immersion Teacher Early Childhood Part-Time jobs in Stamford