Speech Pathologist (0.8 FTE PreK Assessment Team + 0.2 FTE All District Bilingual Team)
- Job Type
Student Support Services/ Speech and Language Pathologist
2019-2020 School Year
The filling of this position is based upon continued funding in the Board of Education budget.
Note: Teachers dually certified in TESOL, Bilingual Education or ESL, with experience in Sheltered Instruction or fluency in a language other than English, will be given preference for all Stamford Public School positions.
JOB DESCRIPTION - Speech and Language Pathologist
The Speech and Language Pathologist functions as a member of the total diagnostic team by providing assessment, comprehensive differential diagnosis, educational planning and support as well as therapy for students with speech/language communication disorders and delays. Speech and language services may be delivered in a variety of ways alone or in collaboration with teachers and other service providers in order to best support students in the general curriculum, i.e., the least restrictive environment.
- To foster children's ability to communicate their needs, feelings and ideas, and to comprehend and respond in an appropriate manner to the communication of others.
- To evaluate and diagnose those students referred by the PPT members.
- To develop goals and objectives for qualified students.
- To communicate/coordinate therapy programs with parents, teachers and other service providers.
- To consult with PPT members in developing recommendations.
Since the school speech-language program is considered an integral part of the total education program, several service delivery models are used to best support students. The models include:
- Working in special/regular education classes.
- Individual or small group therapy.
- Consultation with teachers, other professionals and with parents.
Some speech and language pathologists are assigned to a single building while other travel to different settings.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Certification or Clinical Fellowship Year
- Connecticut State Department of Health License, or in process
- Connecticut State Department of Education Certification, or in process
Stamford Education Association (SEA)
Per SEA Contract
Online application is required.
Internal Applicants: Please paste a cover letter (summarizing your interest in and qualifications for the position) and resume in the comments section of the Internal Application. In addition, be prepared to provide a cover letter, resume, and two letters of reference to the interview committee.
More searches like this
- Administrator Early Childhood Part-Time jobs in Stamford
- Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment & PD Early Childhood Part-Time jobs in Stamford
- Data / Assessment Early Childhood Part-Time jobs in Stamford
- Teaching Early Childhood Part-Time jobs in Stamford
- Bilingual Education / Dual Immersion Teacher Early Childhood Part-Time jobs in Stamford