- Job Type
Our World Neighborhood Charter Schools (OWNCS) educates students to become independent thinkers and lifelong learners. Our educational philosophy is based on inquiry, active and experiential learning, and social justice.
We are committed to providing strong educational opportunities for children in underserved communities. We believe in the importance of creating socio-economically and culturally diverse schools.
A successful candidate for this position will embody confidence, exercise good judgement and must be able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with various constituencies, including students, senior staff, co-workers, and teachers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Share commitment to the success of the mission, vision, goals, and objectives of Our World Neighborhood Charter Schools.
- Support and fully participate in a school culture that focuses on student and adult learning.
- Organizing Events related to Admissions
- Coordinating student recruiting efforts for the school
- Attending student recruiting fairs and other events as a representative of OWNCS
- Set high expectations and standards for the achievement of students and own personal performance.
- Answering phones, taking messages and informing the appropriate parties
- Collating and Copying
- Creating Binders and Files
- Purging and Shredding
- Typical Daily Office duties
- Provide other administrative support to the school as necessary
- Additional projects as needed
Key Competencies & Requirements
- Commitment to excellence
- Communicate through superior written and oral communications skills.
- Be courteous, professional and tactful at all times
- Must be authorized to work at OWN Charter School through appropriate NYSED fingerprint clearance
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Health/Dental/Life Insurance
- 401(k) with employer contribution
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid time off
- Student loan forgiveness
How to Apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to:
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Our World Neighborhood Charter Schools provide equal employment opportunity and access to school programs for all persons regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age or handicap in every aspect of personnel policy, practice and school program accessibility as required by city, state and federal EEO guidelines.
Reasonable Accommodations will be provided for persons with disabilities