Program Manager, Central Division (Multiple Openings)
- Job Type
AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that is dedicated to closing the achievement and opportunity gaps in education by partnering with schools all over the country to prepare students for college, careers, and life. This is accomplished by providing professional development to educators to support their efforts in the classroom, ultimately empowering students with strategies and skills that improve how they learn, question, and work together. With AVID’s continued mission to expand its reach across the country, our Division Program Managers, who act as our primary liaisons between AVID Center and the school districts they support, are making it happen!
AVID Center is currently looking for TWO motivated and knowledgeable educational leaders to join our team in the role of Program Manager, Central Division. This influential position offers the ability to make a huge impact on students, families, and communities in Texas. Program Managers work directly with schools and district personnel, at all levels of leadership, to implement, manage, and grow the AVID College Readiness System. We currently have two Program Manager openings in our Central Division, one to be located in Houston or Dallas, TX, and the other to be located in Corpus Christi or the Rio Grande Valley, TX.
What we are looking for in a Program Manager:
- Experience with the AVID College Readiness System as well as a passion for the AVID mission
- In-classroom experience and/or administrative/leadership (school or district) experience
- A motivating trainer, leader, and mentor, with exceptional relational capacity
- Must be located in the region which the position supports, or willing to relocate (Dallas, Houston, Corpus Christi, or the Rio Grande Valley)
- The ability and motivation for frequent travel
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to listen to individual needs and successfully align them with products, services, and strategies for improvement
- Experience with frequently using data to inform their work and comfort with pulling information from multiple state and national sources
- Excellent organization, time-management, and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working remotely and able to prioritize responsibilities to fit the needs of both internal and external partnerships
At a time when the resources of teachers, schools, and districts are more stretched than ever, AVID is dedicated to providing a solution for support and success, and the Program Managers play a key role in meeting this mission.
This full-time, exempt position receives a competitive annual salary; paid time off and holidays; a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision options; an automatic 5% 403(b) employer contribution; and the opportunity to be a part of an organization that is impacting the lives of youth and young adults throughout the country.
All candidates must include a cover letter and résumé for consideration.