Elementary Principal - Verona
- Grade Level
- Elementary School
Battle Creek Public Schools
Location: Verona Elementary
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
School Year: 2019-2020
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide leadership, vision, and inspiration to staff and students; set high expectations for all students.
- Develop and promote teacher leadership for student success; lead staff in the analysis of student achievement data, develop school improvement and student academic achievement plans specific to the needs of students, and implement and evaluate the plan throughout the school year; use of data to guide instruction
- Supervise the instructional programs of the school, evaluating lesson plans and observing classrooms on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development.
- Laser focus on instruction and closing the achievement gap, monitor progress, and conduct periodic analysis
- Supervises instructional personnel for the purpose of monitoring performance, providing for professional growth and achieving overall objectives of school's curriculum.
- Evaluates assigned personnel for the purpose of ensuring that standards are achieved and performance is maximized.
- Select, hire, and supervise staff and provide professional development to meet the needs of staff based on student learning needs
- Promote best practices in student learning and accelerating student achievement
- Use data to improve student learning
- Understands school improvement/transformation as a continuous improvement model
- Ability to work with culturally diverse community, staff and student population
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of special education issues, law, practices and procedures
- Establish a professional rapport with students and with staff that has their respect.
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, parents and school personnel. Serve as a role model for students, demonstrating the importance and relevance of learning, accepting responsibility, and demonstrating pride in the education profession. Encourage all teachers to do the same.
- Ensure a safe, orderly environment that encourages students to take responsibility for behavior and creates high morale among staff and students.
- File all required reports regarding violence, vandalism, attendance and discipline matters.
- Create a sense of parent involvement by working with parents and the community to collaborate with staff to develop recommendations and ensure a school climate that effectively promotes powerful teaching and learning experiences for each and every child
- Working knowledge of behavior theories and practices
- Strong educational leadership skills;
- Clear focus on student learning;
- Commitment to high levels of student achievement;
- Capacity to institute change, not merely maintain the status quo;
- Comprehensive understanding of school and classroom practices that contribute to high levels of student achievement;
- Willingness to provide staff with the necessary support so they are able to carry out effective instructional practices;
- Capacity to model important values and behaviors to the school and the community;
- Ability to collect, analyze, and use data in ways that promote educational excellence;
- Ability to communicate at highly proficient levels verbally and in writing and fluent in new technologies;
- Commitment to high expectations for self, students and staff.
- Appreciation of diversity as a strength
- A strong background in curriculum, instruction and assessment
- Understanding of collaborative practices including Professional Learning Communities
- Demonstrated skills in developing a managing budgets and building finances consistent with instructional and district goals
- Demonstrates ability to reflect on school practices and promote continuous improvement
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of each staff member and establish individualized plans for improvement
- Capacity to develop constructive and respectful relationships with staff, students, parents, and other stakeholders;
- Foster a climate of creative and innovative practices in the school
- Abreast of current educational trends
- Highly developed organizational skills.
Master's degree in educational administration or related field
Michigan Administrator certification
Five or more years of successful teaching experience at the elementary school level
Demonstration of successful use of data to improve student learning
Understanding and demonstrated knowledge of School Improvement practices
Preference will be given to candidates with previous school leadership experience
Valid Michigan Teacher Certification is preferred
Three years of demonstrated successful school-based leadership experience, preferably at elementary level
Five or more successful years of administrative experience preferred
Experience working in a diverse school community
Contract: 212 Work Days
SCHOOL SAFETY CLEARANCE: The successful candidate will be subject to a fingerprint and background check as a condition of employment. All fees required for this check (estimated $71.00) will be the responsibility of the successful applicant.
The Battle Creek Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.
Apply for Elementary Principal - Verona
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly