PRINCIPAL - LA ESCUELA FRATNEY
La Escuela Fratney School is a citywide Dual Language School in the Riverwest neighborhood that serves approximately 500 students from K4 through Grade 5. Parents, staff and the community play an active role in the school. Together we work to provide a quality program that sets high standards for all students. La Escuela Fratney provides a rigorous curriculum in English and Spanish that includes a focus on multiculturalism and collaboration with both parents and the community. Dual-language immersion allow English-speaking students to learn Spanish as their Spanish classmates learn English.
BASIC FUNCTION : Supervises, coordinates and manages the activities of the entire building and staff.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Values the expertise of teachers, staff, and parents and uses these resources to enhance the success of the school.
- Leads teachers in developing and delivering effective Common Core curriculum and assessments in literacy and math.
- Demonstrates the ability to impact student outcomes through analyzing data to inform instruction that will enhance the school’s student achievement.
- Delegates authority and responsibility clearly and appropriately; assesses expertise of self and others; determines tasks to be assigned and recognizes tasks that need outside assistance.
- Leads the school by consistently building high performance teams, delegating responsibility, creating opportunities for professional development to foster individual growth in instructional practices, and implementing the school vision.
- Develops and creates effective integrated services throughout the full school day, such as supervision strategies, and extended day, such as health, educational, recreational, and social activities for students and parents.
- Manages school resources and facilities effectively, uses knowledge of policies and procedures to make sound decisions, and ensures the efficient operation of the school; proactively maintains an attractive, clean, safe, and inspiring physical space for learning.
- Creates and maintains a school environment that focuses on an atmosphere of caring and respect, emphasizes high academic expectations, and maintains discipline and order for all students.
- Implements a proven system for discipline that is research-based with built-in incentives and rewards to boost self-esteem and good citizenship and a strong record of enforcing the student code of discipline.
- Demonstrates visionary and innovative leadership by setting high expectations for students and staff, including the ability to motivate, build teams, and encourage and increase parent involvement.
- Works effectively with a broad range of students, faculty, parents, alumni, and community members; establishes strong ties and develops a sense of shared ownership among the school partners and stakeholders.
- Motivates and supports students, teachers, staff and parents with compassion and fairness.
- Embraces working collaboratively and constructively with staff, students, families and stakeholders.
- Collaborates with families and community members, responds to diverse community interests and needs and uses community resources.
- Requests and responds to parent and community feedback in a timely manner; is accessible to parents, staff and community.
- Actively supports the MPS Strategic Plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.