Instructional Coach Secondary - BCCHS
- Grade Level
- High School
Consultant/Coordinator/Instructional Support/ Educational Consultant
Battle Creek Central H.S.
Battle Creek Public Schools
Location: Central High School
To provide strategies for teaching and supporting teachers in the effective implementation of best practices related to instruction. Year 1 and 2 focus - Literacy and Mathematics; Year 3 focus - Other Subject areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Teach, model, and facilitate research-based best practices within the school"s instructional program.
- Assist teachers with the collection and analysis of data results.
- Evaluate student achievement and assist with placing students in the appropriate intervention and support service.
- Recognize needs and make recommendations for appropriate instructional materials and assessments that directly support and align to the Common Core State Standards.
- Meet regularly with PLC teams and the principal to support the continuing development of research-based instructional practices and progress while also assisting in planning "next steps" for student and school improvement.
- Collaborate with teachers to help them learn to more efficiently identify the instructional needs of students, to set learning goals and targets, and to problem solve to develop best practices for continuous academic growth of students.
- Provide professional development on best practices in literacy and/or math instruction across the curriculum.
- Support teachers as they learn to implement the components of the math and/or literacy block.
- Collaborate with the principal to help identify areas of need for the school"s professional development plan, structure related coaching, and identify specific, measurable and attainable benchmarks for teacher and student performance.
- Support teachers to learn specific and differentiated strategies that enable teachers to meet the needs of all learners.
- Network with other instructional coaches to share best practices and participate fully in ongoing professional development to extend literacy, mathematics and instructional competencies in all content areas.
Organizational Relationship: Responsible to the Building Principal
SCHOOL SAFETY CLEARANCE: The successful candidate will be subject to a fingerprint and background check as a condition of employment. All fees required for this check (estimated $71.00) will be the responsibility of the successful applicant.
The Battle Creek Public School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.