Frederick Douglass High School Administrative Dean 1.0 FTE (2 positions)
- Job Type
Administration Certified Non-Principal/ CERT - 4003 - ADMINISTRATIVE DEAN
Frederick Douglass High School
Provide administrative service and technical assistance to staff as well as other stakeholders. Assist schools in strengthening instructional programs through a strategically planned, standards-based approach with a focus on narrowing the gap. This position will provide leadership in the areas of curriculum, instruction, assessment, and planning.
- Assists with data organization from all assessments and diagnostic instruments and develops strategies for intervening with students who are experiencing difficulties.
- Engages staff in intensive data analysis and results planning
- Implements and supports the goals determined by the district/schools' comprehensive plan.
- Works collaboratively with other educators to integrate educational initiatives and resources
- Assists in program implementation and curriculum development
- Assists schools in developing and implementing comprehensive plans designed to meet individual schools' student achievement needs.
- Assists schools in determining effective methods for the integration of curriculum standards, instructional strategies, and the developmental use of authentic assessment
- Models a variety of instructional strategies designed to be rigorous and mirror assessment.
- Assists in identifying professional development needs and developing long-range professional development plans
- Coaches and models research based instructional strategies.
- Mentors new teachers
- Supervises staff as needed and required.
- Evaluates staff as needed and required.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree
- Three (3) years of successful teaching and/or leadership in instruction, curriculum and assessment experience
- Certification in administration (Principal)
Contact Person: Julie Farris (firstname.lastname@example.org)