Special Education Teacher (Floyd Dryden Middle School)
- Grade Level
- Middle School
Special Education - Certified Teaching
Open until filled
Location: Districtwide (Floyd Dryden Middle School)
Full-Time Position (1.0 FTE)
TEACHING POSITION: Requires Alaska teaching certificate with appropriate endorsement(s) (for information visit: http://www.eed.state.ak.us/TeacherCertification ).
ANY POSITION ADVERTISED AUGUST 1st OR LATER WILL BE A ONE-YEAR CONTRACT ONLY.
Make a difference for the children in our community!
Position Summary: The successful individual will manage a student caseload on a special education team and will demonstrate the ability to contribute to a dynamic and innovative team working effectively to enhance the educational program within the school and the district. This person will be aware of, and able to use, multiple forms of assessment. This position supports students with behavioral needs.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in education.
- Valid Alaska teaching certificate with a special education endorsement.
- Recent experience managing large caseloads with a variety of exceptionalities.
- Must be flexible and able to work with colleagues in multiple settings.
- Knowledge of current research in field.
- Knowledge of many teaching strategies for diverse students.
- Must demonstrate an appreciation for parental concern regarding students and be available to parents.
- Behavior management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that promote positive relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
- Recent experience teaching special education.
- Understanding of IDEA requirements.
Compensation: Salary is dependent on experience and education. The Juneau School District offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision as well as membership in the Teachers Retirement System (TRS) plan.
How to Apply :
Please visit our website at www.juneauschools.org to complete an online application.