Food Service Manager I serving Garrett Morgan Elementary 1.0 FTE
- Job Type
Food Service/ CLAS - 7212 - FOOD SERVICE MANAGER I
Garrett Morgan Elementary
19-20 School Year
Manage and coordinate the day-to-day food service operations of an assigned school site; assure compliance with District, State and federal requirements and laws regarding nutrition, sanitation, safety and record-keeping; select, assign, schedule, supervise, direct and evaluate assigned food service personnel.
- Manage, coordinate and oversee the day-to-day food service operations at an assigned school site; analyze effectiveness, assure compliance with District, State and federal laws, regulations and safety and sanitation procedures.
- Prepare menus, assuring compliance with regulations and requirements; estimate and order amount of food and supplies needed; monitor and control expenditures; maintain assigned budget.
- Select food service employees; direct, assign, schedule and evaluate food service personnel; conduct training sessions for new employees.
- Inspect lunchroom and kitchen area daily to assure compliance with health, safety and sanitation requirements and regulations.
- Plan work schedules and coordinate daily work for efficient use of labor; receive calls from employees and call substitutes as necessary.
- Train and assist employees in the proper handling of foods, correct use and care of equipment and in maintaining high standards of sanitation and safety.
- Maintain, prepare and review a variety of menu production records, inventories, logs and reports; accumulate data and input information into a computer as appropriate and file documents as necessary.
- Supervise and participate in food preparation and distribution to District students and staff; plan for catered events such as meetings, activities and parties; plan and coordinate food service operations with school activities to improve school and community relations and increase student participation.
- Communicate with students, staff, faculty, and outside organizations to exchange information, receive suggestions, and resolve issues related to food service.
- Participate in, schedule and attend in-service meetings and workshops.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate and three years experience in food service operations.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, one third of your body weight, not to exceed 50 pounds.
More searches like this
- Administrator Elementary School Part-Time jobs in Lexington
- Supervisor / Manager Elementary School Part-Time jobs in Lexington
- Teaching Elementary School Part-Time jobs in Lexington
- Elementary Education Teacher Elementary School Part-Time jobs in Lexington
- Support Staff Elementary School Part-Time jobs in Lexington