Districtwide School Social Worker sersving The Promise Academy at William Wells Brown Elementary (1.
- Grade Level
- Elementary School
Student Support Services - Certified/ CERT - 0270 - SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER
WILLIAM WELLS BROWN ELEMENTARY
19/20 School Year
Promise Academy Schools
Make a difference in children's lives! Be the change that a child needs!
Receive an excellent compensation package for this important mission!
This is a great opportunity to work in a school that:
- Promotes a positive learning environment that has a culture of high expectations for student
- Utilizes Professional Learning Communities to enhance student achievement
- Provides the extra time needed to deepen student learning through active engagement
- Collaborates with instructional specialists to maximize the effectiveness of instructional strategies
- Empowers all stakeholders in the responsibility of increasing the achievement of all students
- Emphasizes the social, emotional, physical and intellectual development of each student
- Provides a positive, welcoming, and safe environment for the school community
This opportunity provides a compensation package in accordance with the longer school day and longer school year (pending KDE approval).
Compared to a traditional school schedule, this compensation package provides a minimum of $14,000 additional pay.
To provide social work services to eligible students and their families in order to eliminate or reduce physical or emotional barriers to the students' academic achievement.
- Assesses, in collaboration with the school staff, the students physical, social and emotional needs.
- Provides family assessments as needed.
- Develops, implements and evaluates, in collaboration with the school staff and parents/guardians, intervention plans for the student.
- Collaborates with teachers, other school personnel, and agencies to secure needed services for the student.
- Maintains appropriate records.
- Submits monthly reports of social work services.
- May provide parent education and/or support groups.
- Makes home, community, and agency visits as needed.
- Assists in coordination of parent meetings.
- Maintains regular attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Social Work
- Valid Kentucky School Social Work Certification
Mendy Mills (email@example.com)